How to Request Data
HerpMapper data are made available to individuals and groups that use observations for research, conservation, preservation, and/or education purposes. Click here for a list of organizations currently accessing HerpMapper data in 'real-time'. Additional conservation organizations may receive data via a one-time requests (these users are not listed).
To gain access to HerpMapper data please submit the following information via a request to: [email protected].
Using your affiliation-assigned e-mail address, please include the following in your request for data
- Project name or title
- Project description (short, 1-2 paragraphs)
- Your name & affiliation
- if an undergraduate or graduate student please also include your faculty advisor's name/e-mail
- if a seasonal, temporary, or technician-level employee please also include your supervisor's name/e-mail
- Your resume / CV
- Are you seeking real-time access or is this a one-time request?
- if requesting real-time access, please also include your HerpMapper username in your request.
- Boundary polygon if seeking access to data from an area other than a country, state, county, etc. A Google (.kmz or .kml) or ESRI shapefile (.shp) is preferred.
Please note that HerpMapper encourages data users to contact HerpMapper directly to discuss publication and sharing of these data to meet your needs while also best protecting herpetofauna populations. This also ensures that multiple organizations do not attempt to publish the same new and updated county records in Herpetological Review geographical distribution notes, etc.