Do you have data already stored in a digital format? If so, automated or bulk data entry is usually an option.
Importing Data from H.E.R.P. (NAHERP.com)
- Log into your H.E.R.P. account
- Click on "Export My Records" on the menu on the left side of the site.
- Choose what ever criteria you need to filter your exports, or leave them empty to export everything.
- Select CSV as the format and click the "Export" button.
- Log into your HerpMapper account if you are not already.
- Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner, and select "My Account"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on "Import My Records From H.E.R.P"
- Click on the button to choose a file from your computer, and choose the CSV file that was exported from H.E.R.P. in the above steps.
- Click on "Import"
Importing Data from iNaturalist
- Log into your iNaturalist account
- Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner, then select, Observations (found under, "Your Profile") in the upper left
- Next click, Export CSV on the bottom right-hand side of the screen (under the map)
- Minimally, include columns selected by default (all "Basic", most "Geo", and all "Taxon" columns)
- Select, Create Export and then download the file to your computer
- Send file to: [email protected]
Importing Data from Spreadsheets and other Digital Databases
To maintain the highest level of data quality, HerpMapper requires data to include the following:
- Observer Name
- Latitude and Longitude (this can be from a GPS, Google Earth, etc. - please specify method)
- Scientific Name (if unknown, include as "unknown")
- Photo or Audio Voucher (ideally with a photo or audio voucher number in the spreadsheet corresponding to an .jpg or .mp3 file) Note: We can work with contributors on a case by case basis if data are not formatted in this way
- Send data file(s) to: [email protected] (we can arrange a way to bulk transfer images after initial contact)